Benefit Cosmetics (UK)

Saturday 15 February 2014

Beauty | BirchBox Review - February 2014

This was my first BirchBox so all a completely new experience...


The box itself is quite basic, but in an earthly, eco friendly type way so I really quite liked it as it felt unpretentious. When you open the box up there is a fabric drawstring bag (very much the same feel as the box, earthly and eco friendly) which contains the products. This month Birchbox included a little chocolate in there too...yum! There is a product card included which has a little info on each product a brief description on how to use and these were also some other cards with some tips and tricks for eye liner application and other bits. So, the products this month were...

Beauty Protector - Protect & Oil Review
This oil is to protect hair from heat and UV rays while keeping it healthy. I straighten my hair every day so I always apply heat protector to damp hair before I blow dry. Only a small amount of the oil is needed on damp hair and it is not greasy and heavy. I have used this twice on damp now and it has given my hair a gorgeous healthy shine, I also used it on the ends of my hair when I first got it as they were a little dry and it left it looking hydrated and smoothed the split ends. This oil smells great too!


Eyeko - Skinny Liquid Eyeliner Review
I LOVED this eyeliner! It has a felt tip application brush and goes on super easy. It is perfect for upper lash line application and it lasts all day, it doesn't smudge so you have to be confident in your application as it isn't good for smudging out and each line stays exactly where you put it. 



Nail Rock - Nail Glitter Review
This is a little messy but really good fun to apply, coat your nail with the polish a couple of times and then dip in glitter pot. It gives a great finish but you have to be a bit determined with ensuring your whole nail is covered well. Unlike other glitter polishes, this one comes off reasonably easy too, it is still more awkward to shift than normal polish but much better than some that I have tried. I think this would have been a great look for Christmas as it is a little festive in red, but still great for a weekend or night out.


Urbanveda - Radiance Exfoliating Facial Polish Review
This product has an earthly herbal smell so you feel like you are using a natural organic product. I applied this on to wet skin and massaged in and rinsed, I wasn't overly impressed with this product but it wasn't a bad product either, it was a little does-what-it-says-on-the-tin really. It exfoliated the skin and did leave it feel refreshed, but I thought my skin felt a little dry and tight afterwards and I reached straight for my moisturiser! It isn't a hugely expensive product so it I imagine it would be good for taking along on holiday but not as part of a frequent beauty regime, for my skin anyway.


Gilchrist & Soames - The London Collection Shower Gel Review
On the product card, the scent of this product is described as invigorating which is something I would agree with. There are lots of lovely scents in this shower gel perfect for waking you up and refreshing you in your morning shower. It foams up nicely so it gives a luxurious feel and leaves the skin feeling hydrated and smooth.


I really enjoyed this box and there was a mention on one of the cards of an exciting collaboration coming up in March which has enticed me to get another! 





No comments:

Post a Comment