Benefit Cosmetics (UK)

Saturday 5 April 2014

Life | New York Fashion Week

New York Fashion Week is my favourite. There is something a bit daring and fearless when it comes to NYFW but you still get a feel for clothes that you would actually wear. I love browsing the pictures of the street fashion and seeing what will be coming up in a few months. Unfortunately, as much as I submerge myself in fashion, the reality is that it is unlikely I will ever be so on trend. The brutal truth is that fashion looks best on women of a slim build, clothes just hang in the perfect way to show them off. At 5'8" and a UK size 14, I definitely don't fall into the slim category, and my curves (as seems to be the 'in' thing at the moment) detract from beautiful prints and edgy tailoring. Vivienne Westwood has been one of the best designers I have come across to flatter curves, but still it seems that curvy women are destined to show off their figure rather than their clothes. Still, I would love to get to NYFW and give some of those clothes a run for their money even if they would only fit one arm!

No comments:

Post a Comment