Benefit Cosmetics (UK)

Wednesday 30 April 2014

Luxe Beauty | Kevyn Aucoin Makeover

Last week I popped in to my local Space NK as they had a makeup artist in from Kevyn Aucoin giving free makeovers. I was interested in the Kevyn Aucoin makeover in particular as I only own one product from the Kevyn Aucoin range, The Expert Lip Colour in Bloodroses (I absolutely love it!!), and I wanted to learn more about the range. I have been looking at the different products within the range for a while now, and what I have found is that they are very classic tones, albeit with an on-trend feel, but they will last through the future trends also. For that reason, the products are a great investment, but it is also that reason as to why I don't own more as I do seem to go with what is hot at the time. When I went in I wanted to try some burnt red eyes so the makeup artist, Emilie, used the Eye Shadow Single Matte in  Burgundy (109) and Faded Heather (108) to blend out. I also spotted these lovely metallic loose powders as well so the Loose Shimmer Shadows in Rose Quartz was used as well to round off my eyes, but Emilie said that you can also mix some in with your foundation to give it a glow (I will be trying that in the summer!). The Precision Liquid Liner and Eye Pencil Primatif were used in Basic Black, which both gave a great result but unfortunately my eyes reacted to this product which is not unusual as my eyes are a little sensitive. The Essential Mascara added a subtle amount of volume and curl without looking too over the top. The end result was really lovely and I am hoping I can recreate it at home!







Other products used in the makeover; Liquid Airbrush Foundation, which gave a brilliant coverage with only a small amount of product. The blusher was the Pure Powder Glow in Shadore. The look was finished off with a light touch of Matte Lip Colour in Tenacious and a dash of The Lip Gloss in Vesuvian.


So this was my finished face...





There is only so much makeup can do but I think Emilie did a great job, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment